Caters Real Life

Share this story with friends and family:

Hot water bottle melted my fake boobs” – Former glamour model left in agony after boiling water accident at home

A former glamour model was left in agony after boiling water from a hot water bottle melted her fake boobs.

After undergoing a breast enlargement at 18-years-old to assist her modelling career, Nadine Foster never had any problems with her 36E sized boobs.

Caters

However, when she was making her fiancé, Kyle, a hot water bottle, the 29-year-old was scorched with boiling water when she attempted to seal the bottle.

Nadine, from Pulborough, West Sussex, was then rushed to A&E to receive treatment for her burns earlier this year after the skin on her breasts began melting away within 20 minutes.

Now, Nadine is suffering from severe scarring on her chest and now has to regularly moisturise to her skin every day to speed up the healing process.

Nadine, a care co-ordinator, said: “My fiancé wasn’t very well and was shivering, so I decided to make him a hot water bottle.

“I put the hot water bottle underneath my arm and squeezed it to let the hot air out and that’s when the boiling water came gushing out.

***Caters

“Because I was wearing a low-cut top, the water went straight onto my chest – but at first I thought the water was on my clothes.

“After quickly getting out of my clothes I noticed that my skin was starting to melt away on my chest.

“As a few more minutes went by I was screaming in agony because I was in so much pain and after checking with paramedics they told me to come into A&E.

“It then took me three weeks to recover, I’m still badly scarred and feel as though my chest will be ruined forever.

“I spent £5,000 on my breasts back in 2007, and I was petrified that my skin had burned away that much that it would melt away at the silicone implant underneath too – but thankfully it didn’t.”

Despite the boiling water pouring onto her skin, Nadine claims it took minutes before she even realised what was happening.

Caters

She said: “I think my body might have gone into shock because for minutes I thought my dress was just hot, but quickly my skin began bubbling and blistering.

“I was just hoping that there was no permanent damage done to the implants and that it would just be the skin surrounding them that was hurt.

“After having a cool shower, we were advised to go to the hospital as the burn across my chest was bigger than the palm of my hand.

“I stayed in the hospital over night to get my burns looked at and sorted, but in the end my skin just continued to peel away.

“I just still can’t believe that something as simple as closing a hot water bottle has given me potentially a lifetime of scarring – I was just trying to be a good fiancé!”

Nadine is now focusing on healing her scars as soon as possible, ahead of her wedding next year.

Caters

She said: “I’m thankful that the pain has gone, and there is no permanent damage done to myself, but the scarring does cause me confidence issues.

“The main scarring is around my cleavage and my nipple, but luckily my boobs didn’t melt away completely.

“I’ve been using Bio Oil every day to try and reduce the scarring and it has been working well.

“Hopefully it will all be gone before my big day next year, but also I’m not going to let something like this ruin such a special time for me!”

Do you, or someone you know, have a similar story to tell? Get in touch today to earn £££ and raise awareness.

GOT AN AMAZING STORY TO SELL?
TELL US ABOUT IT

Call us on 0800 001 5599
 

Contact Us

WANT TO PURCHASE REAL-LIFE STORIES?

With hundreds of stories to choose from, our writers have the case study you’re looking for.

Contact Us